Make Your Workplace Safer with Tool Tethering
July 8, 2019, 3:03 PM /
The most important assets on any jobsite are the people, which is why safety always needs to be an integral part of your day-to-day operations. This is especially the case for anyone involved in the construction industry.
For instance, working at height has many unique risks, but height safety is not just about the risk of working at height. Objects dropped from height pose a unique risk, potentially injuring workers and others at a worksite. Dropped objects can also result in equipment damage and tool loss. These hazards, however, are often overlooked when considering workplace safety. Remember, fall protection is about protecting you, but dropped object prevention is about protecting those around you.
Knowing where to start can be tough. At Fastening House, we work with safety departments to help identify need and standardize safety equipment offerings to ensure workers have everything they need to protect themselves and those around them. Want to learn more? Contact us to get started.
3M Fall Protection
3M offers a broad range of products to help workers stay safe when working at height.
Some of 3M’s offerings include:
- Attachment points
- Tool tethers
- Tool pouches
- Tool holsters
- Spill control buckets
- Tool belts
DeWalt Industrial Tool Group
DeWalt’s Lanyard ReadyTM cordless products and connection options help workers tether corded and cordless tools to rigid structures.
Milwaukee has introduced a new line of tool lanyards and lanyard accessories to keep workers safe without hindering their productivity.
Some of Milwaukee’s offerings include:
- Locking Tool Lanyard
- Extended Reach Locking Tool Lanyard
- Locking Tool Lanyard
- Quick-Connect Locking Tool Lanyard
- 3pc 10lb. Quick-Connect Accessory
- 12ft Self-Adhering Tape
- 5pc 5lb. D-Ring Attachment
- D-Ring Attachment
- 5pc 2lb 2” Split Ring
Ergodyne offers a broad range of products to help workers keep themselves and those around them safe when working at height.
It’s Time to Get Started with Tool Tethering
Tool tethering is a simple solution that can minimize safety risk because it gets to the root of the problem by preventing objects from being dropped in the first place. It’s hard to know where to start, but your journey to zero drops per year may be easier than you think.
For over 60 years, Fastening House has been the go-to source for contractors throughout Ontario. Shop online with us today to get the tools, accessories, and deals you need!
Read more from Fastening House:
- 5 Actions You Can Take to Maximize On-Site Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Your Complete Jobsite Guide
- Safety on the Job Site is Serious Business
- Fastening House’s Unbeatable Milwaukee Product Range. (Free T-Shirt Giveaway by Booking a Demo) - November 8, 2019
- Don’t Grapple, Just Gripple - November 5, 2019
- Fastening House Has All Your Firestop Needs Covered - October 23, 2019
- Save Time, Lower Installation Costs with Eaton’s B-Line Series of Strut Systems - October 3, 2019
- Make Your Workplace Safer with Tool Tethering - July 8, 2019
- Safety on the Job Site is Serious Business - June 6, 2019
- Join Us at Our Windsor, London, and Mississauga Locations on June 18th-20th for Our Greenlee and Ridgid Roadshow - May 30, 2019
- Tips for Cleaning 5 Types of Winter Work Gloves - February 21, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Our Families to Yours! - December 19, 2018
- Thank You for Helping to Make Our Mississauga Open House BBQ Such a Success! - October 5, 2018