About Fastening House
Trusted by Contractors for 65 Years. Supplying the Tools and Equipment they Need to Get the Job Done Right
Fastening House specializes in serving construction and industrial needs, including electrical, mechanical, and general contractors across Canada. We are proudly Canadian and committed to providing you with what you want when, where, and how you want it.
Our story begins in 1958 when Reg Moore, our founder, began Moore’s Tool and Equipment Service out of the basement of his father’s paint and wallpaper store with the aim to provide convenient, on-site delivery to general and sub-contractors in the GTA. As time went on, his success and reputation for affordable, personalized service grew.
By the mid-sixties, our focus turned to the electrical and mechanical trades. To reflect this shift, we adopted the name “Fastening House,” evolving to become the specialty tool and fastener authority trusted by customers throughout Ontario. Ken and Keith, Reg’s sons, joined the business in the 1970s. Fastening House’s reputation grew from there, helping us become the vendor preferred by industry manufacturers and customers alike.
In 2021, Fastening House Inc was acquired from Ken and Keith Moore by Jessee Schaefer and Brandon Chapman – two long-term employees who showed passion for the business, and ambition and dedication to continue its growth.
In 2023, Fastening House acquired Sabre Industrial Supplies Limited. Sabre Industrial Supplies Ltd. was founded in 1977 and has since built a solid reputation for delivering excellent products and services to the BC market. Customers they service hail from a diverse range of industries, including Food and Beverage Processing, Manufacturing, Government Services, Transportation, and Utilities. As industry leaders, together, Fastening House and Sabre will collaborate on building unique client solutions to offer an expansive range of beneficial products and services that continue to add value to our clients.
Now, for 65 years, Fastening House has been committed to providing the highest quality services and products to our customers, and the acquisition of Sabre and continued growth in Ontario is a testament to that commitment.
Fastening House and Sabre Industrial together firmly supplants us as the #1 Canadian-owned and operated national distribution company in our space.
- To passionately strive to exceed our customers’ total service expectations on each and every transaction.
- Garner enduring loyalty by treating every customer with the utmost respect and politeness, honesty and integrity, and a genuine desire to do whatever it takes to do the best job we can.
- Unwavering commitment to training, support, and expanding the abilities of each staff member so they can reach new horizons in personal achievement.
- Forge long term relationships with our business partners based on quality relationships with their employees and sustained achievement of mutual business goals.
- Build a profitable business and reward the contributions that each member of our employee family makes to this success.
Projects We’re Proud Of
With every project we work on, we strive to exceed our customers’ total service expectations. We build long-lasting partnerships with our customers by treating them with the utmost respect, honesty, and integrity. We also commit to long-term relationships with loyal and dedicated business partners to ensure that all of our projects are completed with the highest quality in every degree.
Here are a few of the projects we’re proud to have been part of:
- Parliament Hill Ottawa (2022)
- The Well (2021)
- Calgary Cancer Centre (2020)
- Vaughan Hospital in 2018
- Humber River Hospital in 2013
- Toronto Pearson Airport Terminal 1 in 2004
- Air Canada Centre in 1999
- Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino in 1998
- The Rogers Centre (formerly The Skydome) in 1989
- The CN Tower in 1976
- Yorkdale Mall in 1964